December 2008 Issue: Wish List
Life at XelaWho isn’t bad. Where else can I go to work wasted and wearing footed pajamas? Where else can I play The Avett Brothers at full volume and take hula hoop breaks? It’s hard to complain. However, December is the month of wishful thinking, so I compiled a small wish list of things that would make life at XelaWho a little sweeter, just in case there really is a Santa out there.
1. Anything but Microsoft Publisher 2007 in Spanish. All we can figure out is cortar and pegar.
2. A company Christmas party at the Xocomil water park
3. A company Christmas tree made of marijuana and Taiwanese empanadas , with Tortrix Twist ornaments
4. A team of diligent unpaid interns with training in graphic design, accounting, journalism, cartography, sales and marketing, web design, public relations, and photography
5. An office that isn’t my bedroom with a view that isn’t my closet
6. Journalistic integrity
7. Volunteer translators to write XelaQuien
8. A benefits package with 401(k) and health insurance, or at least some travel insurance
9. Full color and gloss
11. Letters to the editor
12. A hipster scene in Xela to teach us how to dress
13. A website that looks a little less circa 1998
14. The owner of a certain salsa club to pay us his debt
15. At least 7% growth next fiscal year (for the shareholders)
It’s a lot to ask for, I know. Things are pretty good the way they are. No need for much change. All I really want for Christmas is a ton of cash.